Valentine’s Day is a special occasion to celebrate romance and affection and show others how much they mean to you. However, it’s also a great time to show love for yourself, so don’t feel like you can’t celebrate if you don’t have a significant other. FirstLantic offers ten unique ways to celebrate the holiday.
1. Plan a picnic: Pack a basket with all your favorite foods, drinks, and games, and head to a local park or scenic location. Enjoy the outdoor atmosphere, and spend quality time with friends or your partner.
2. Create a memory book: Collect photos, letters, and special mementos to celebrate your own life or show others how much they mean to you.
3. Cook a special meal or host a potluck dinner: Cook a delicious dinner at home for yourself or your significant other or host a potluck with friends. You can experiment with new recipes, enjoy good food and wine, and have a cozy night at home.
4. Take a cooking class: Whether taking a beginning class or learning some advanced techniques and new recipes, this is a fun activity you can do alone or with others.
5. Host a movie night: Rent a romantic movie with your partner or turn it into a marathon with friends. Try watching movies with a specific theme, such as funny love stories, multiple films that star a particular actor, and ones that include a certain word in the title, or ask each of your friends to pick their favorite. Break out the popcorn, set up comfy seating, and turn the night into a slumber party.
6. Play a board game: According to Psychology Today, the bond that forms from teamwork releases the brain chemical oxytocin in humans, “which is also linked to experiences of empathy and generosity.” Use an app like HouseParty, which features fun trivia games, or bring out your favorite old-school board games, break out into teams, and get the competitive juices flowing.
7. Make chocolate fondue: It doesn’t get much better than mixing chocolate and strawberries, and it’s more fun and interactive than just eating a box of chocolates (although the calorie count will be about the same)!
8. Start with breakfast in bed: What better way to treat yourself or someone else than with a decadent meal in bed? Fresh flowers, a steaming pot of coffee or tea, and some heart-shaped pancakes are bound to get your day off to a sweet start!
9. Scenic train ride: You don’t have to plan a holiday abroad to enjoy some fantastic scenery. Valentine’s Day is the perfect excuse to take a scenic train ride for a few hours or a few days.
10. Volunteer: Isn’t it better to give than receive? Give back to your community by donating your time to a local organization or charity. This is a great way to celebrate by helping someone else and ensuring they have a special Valentine’s Day.
These are just a few unique ways to celebrate this heart-filled holiday. The important thing isn’t even what you do necessarily, but rather to ensure that you enjoy quality time.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
If you or someone you know is interested in home healthcare services in South Florida, FirstLantic can help. We are locally owned and operated, providing our patients with the highest quality in-home care and placement services in Fort Lauderdale (Broward County) and Delray Beach (Palm Beach County) since 2000. Click here to contact us.
To read more of our blogs, click here.