October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, an annual campaign to raise awareness about the impact of breast cancer. FirstLantic.com wants to ensure that you know the facts about this disease because it could save you or a loved one’s life. Take our short breast cancer quiz and test your knowledge. Answers are given at the end of the quiz.
1. How many women will develop breast cancer in their lifetime?
A. 1 in 20
B. 1 in 10
C. 1 in 8
D. 1 in 5
2. How many women will die from breast cancer this year in the U.S.?
3. Can men get breast cancer?
4. Which women under the age of 45 are at the highest risk of breast cancer?
D. Native American
5. Approximately, how many new cases of invasive breast cancer will be diagnosed this year in the U.S?
6. What percentage of women that are diagnosed with breast cancer have a family history of the disease?
7. What is the average 5-year survival rate for women in the U.S. diagnosed with localized breast cancer (meaning it has not spread beyond the breast)
8. If a woman has a first degree relative (mother, sister, daughter) with a history of breast cancer, how much do her chances of getting breast cancer increase?
The bottom line is that women that are informed, get detected and treated early have a much higher chance of beating this deadly disease. And remember if you do get diagnosed, you are not alone. There are resources available to help you get through it. So, get tested, know the facts, take control. Your life, or the life of a loved one, could depend on it.
For more information about breast cancer, click here.